Wednesday, April 11, 2012

4/11/12

Today, we were discussing the effectiveness of therapies in Advanced Placement Psychology. Someone mentioned that they felt like medications were a mask, and that its ridiculous that people would take them even though they can make things worse. Personally, I think that this is total bull. Of course, I respect their opinion, but I definitely dont agree with it. Side effects from medications are rarely severe enough to outweigh the benefit of living a healthy life style. For example, prior to starting my medication, I was unable to drive, go out in public for extended periods of time, or hang out with my friends. I rarely went to a whole day of school, for crying out loud! All because of my panic attacks. And personally, I would rather be dependent on a pill that makes it possible for me to be a normally functioning human being than not be able to live my life to the fullest because of a dehibilitating panic disorder.
ERASE THE STIGMA.

No comments:

Post a Comment