Tuesday, April 24, 2012

4/24/12

2 years and one month ago I had a miscarriage. I was barely 16 years old.
I was almost 12 weeks along. I was just about to tell my boyfriend and my parents. But I didn't. I didn't have to. Because the baby was gone.
I decided to say he was a boy. I named him Isaac. Isaac Byrne. Sometimes, I pretend he's here. He would be 19 months old today. Happy Birthday, Darling!
I love children, but its exceedingly difficult to be around them, especially little boys around my dear baby's age. Sometimes, I cry when I see happy families with a little one.
I will never forget my Isaac, although it gets a little easier everyday.
And that is why I am pro-life. Because I didn't get to choose to have my beautiful baby boy, and I can't believe that anyone would give up that opportunity. But of course, there are extenuating circumstances, and I would never push to outlaw abortions. I just don't understand how someone could use it basically as a form of birth control.
R.I.P. Isaac Byrne. Mommy loves you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment