Monday, February 11, 2013

Effexor and Clonazepam: Week 1

Monday:
I took the effexor at about 7:50. It says to take with food but I'd rather not lug around my pill bottle all day so I take it right before I leave for breakfast. I wasn't that hungry this morning...
I was super drowsy today. It was the first day of Statistics. I had a hard time staying awake. My tics have become really mild though, and I don't really notice them  much until later in the evening. I'm not nauseous and I haven't had a headache, so that's good. Those are my most common side effects.

Tuesday:
I slept so well last night! Thanks to the clonazepam. The drowsiness doesn't seem to go away. I slept 8 hours last night, fell asleep in stats, took a nap during lunch break, fell asleep in stats, napped afterwards, and was still tired. I'm feeling really "out of it" and I'm still ticcing. It's a nice break because my tics aren't constant, but when they do happen it's in spurts. I like to call these "tic fits" and they're sometimes more painful than normal tics. Not sure the trade-off is worth it...

Wednesday:
Feeling a lot less drowsy, but had a 20 minute tic fit today! It probably looked like a seizure. I shook my arms and legs and my eyes kept rolling back. That was painful and exhausting. But outside of class the tics seem pretty under control.

Thursday and Friday:
Vocal tics are really bad, but tics in general seem to be settling down...but oh, so so so sleepy. I sleep every chance I get...

Saturday and Sunday:
TIC FEST. They were so painful I cried from about 8 pm until I fell asleep on Saturday. Started way earlier on Sunday than usual. Usually, the bad tic fits don't start until after dinner...today I didn't even want to leave my room because they were so persistent and painful. Couldn't do my homework because of my eye rolling tic. Vocal tics are ever-developing. They used to be squeaks and sounds but are now syllables, mostly "ha" "pa" "ga" "beh" and a "ck" sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment