Sunday, February 10, 2013

Changing medications!

Huzzah, I'm changing meds again! In the past month or so, the Paxil has not been nice to me. I've had severe nausea, headaches, and a huge rise in tics, adding to more pain. So we switched. I need to log my days, so this is where I'll do it.

I now take two medications instead of one. I take Venlafaxine HCL (generic Effexor) in the morning with breakfast and Clonazepam before bed. The Effexor is mainly for anxiety, although I have had some intense depressive episodes as well, so hopefully those will be curbed. The Clonazepam is to help me sleep (I've had some intense insomnia lately) and hopefully make my tics settle down. I'll be logging the time I take each and if I take it with anything. Each night I'll also log a brief overview of my day and how my symptoms were. I'm going to start tomorrow, because I added Clonazepam on Friday and switched to Effexor on Saturday, and I know I need a day or two to adjust before I make a judgement.

Again, this isn't to promote a drug. It's mostly for my own good, because I need to track side effects, and I always lose my journals.  But I know people read these, so I try to make it conversational. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment